Exercise is a way to maintain health and especially to treat some health conditions such as plantar fasciitis.
Plantar fasciitis is one of the main causes of pain in the heel, which occurs when the band of tissue that holds the arch of the foot is irritated or inflamed.
In this article, you will find great valuable content with some of the most effective plantar fasciitis exercises to treat pain caused by symptoms of this health condition. 6 plantar fasciitis exercises that work and you will love.
It is interesting to know that every year more than two million people suffer from plantar fasciitis and much of them are subjects of different therapies to recover.
This problem causes intense pain in the heel, which invites you to limp once you try to take steps. Although it may be extended toward the edge of the feet, it is likely that the intensity of the pain decrease or disappear after walking for a few minutes or make you exercise the affected foot.
Up to the time of this ailment, researchers have not been able to identify a specific cause that explains the problem.
However, there are different factors that may increase the risk of suffering this condition:
- The muscles of the calf muscles are tense and complicating the flexion of the foot and pull of the fingers bringing them closer to the tibia.
- Being overweight or obese.
- Have a very pronounced.
- Perform a repetitive impact activity (jogging or playing sports).
- Start a new activity, or of greater intensity than usual.
Some of the Plantar Fasciitis Symptoms
- Pain is the symptom of this condition. You can take into account the following details:
- Feel pain in the base of the foot near the heel.
- Pain when taking the first steps after getting out of bed in the morning or after a long period of rest.
- Intense pain after exercise or other activity that involves movement.
- Exercises to relieve the symptoms of plantar fasciitis
- Exercise is one of the best therapies to reduce and prevent the bothersome symptoms of plantar fasciitis, especially when tend to be recurrent.
To strengthen your feet and this health condition of plantar fasciitis can do some stretching exercises and more that we show you here.
Plantar fasciitis exercises that really Work:
1. The Step or Platform Straight.
Looking for a step or platform straight, and stand at the end with the tip of the foot and the heels slightly elevated.
Low heel with care without bending the knees, letting the fingers are raised in a natural way.
Tense the foot for 30 seconds and then return to the start position. This is one of my favorites plantar fasciitis exercises.
Perform 10 repetitions of the exercise 3 times a day.
2. Stretching in the wall
Lean with his hands on a wall, stretch your arms and make sure that one of your legs is well stretched backward while the other is stretched forward. Without taking off the heels of the ground, slide the body forward and tensile during 30 seconds to feel the stretch.
Perform 10 repetitions 3 times a day.
3. Get a Golf Ball
Using a can or a golf ball exerts pressure on it using the sole of the foot and begins to roll it to relax you.
Made of 30 to 50 repetitions for the sole of the foot is free from the tension.
4. Stretch The sole of the Foot.
Stretches the sole of the foot as much as you can and, using your hand, fold back the fingers, especially the thumb.
Do the exercise first with the knee bent and then stretch it.
Try to keep the tension 30 seconds and do 10 repetitions 3 times a day.
5. Stretch with circular Movements.
Stretches the sole of the foot, the heightening of the fingers and, with the pads of the fingers of the hands, made a slight pressure on the plantar fascia stretched making circular movements.
The Massage for a few minutes, until you feel that the sole of the foot relaxes.
6. Using a Towel.
Extends a towel on the floor and then tries to crease it with the fingers of the feet.
Keep the tension 30 seconds and stretch the feet with a smooth movement to relax them. If you want, instead of the towel is good to consider a stretcher of legs and feet you can get a good price on amazon called stretch-ez by optp is one of my favorites.
Complete 10 repetitions and do it 3 times a day.
With these plantar fasciitis exercises, you have the tools to treat your plantar fasciitis pain. Watch this video to do it at home:
The plantar fasciitis exercises are very important, but most important is to consider the prevention of plantar fasciitis, to do this we recommend you to read the articles on the treatment of plantar fasciitis as well as much content about.
Some important tips for prevention:
- Done stretching of the calf, the Achilles tendon, and the plantar fascia
- Use running shoes appropriate to your type tread (read our article about Top 7 best shoes for plantar fasciitis in 2018)
- Avoid running on hard surfaces such as asphalt or concrete
- Don’t increase suddenly the weekly mileage (no more than 10%) lands with the ball of the foot to decrease the tension on the plantar fascia.
You Must Read:
Can Plantar Fasciitis Cause Knee Pain?